Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sociocultural Aspects of Schooling for ELs

An action that I will take for my social issue for students who are English Learners is to make my classroom more prepared for a test they are having on Friday. I think that it will be beneficial if they are given time to study, as one of my EL students mentioned to me that he is not passing my class because he doesn't know what is on the test, he doesn't have the time to study all the material we covered in the unit, so as a class we will be dedicating Thursday to review. This will give students time to ask questions and for my teacher and I to get down to the point of what our students should study for on the exam. It will be my mission to specifically integrate my EL students into the activity to make sure they understand what will be expected on the exam on Friday.

No comments: