Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Lesson Planning


My lesson planning designing and planning incorporates the teenage brain by understanding how my students brains are still developing and what is needed to help them create an environment where they are able to grow their cortex's. This is achieved by utilizing the emotional approach with my students. Being able to have my students make important emotional connections between my curriculum and their lives is important to me, because the information I will share with them will stick inside their brains as it has some other memory it can attach to that is already in long term memory, helping them transition the information from short term memory to long term retention. I believe that having a "good things" session before the start of my lesson is important to students because they feel more comfortable in my class, as they can tell me what is going on in their lives, and what they are going through. That in turn can be used as a way to incorporate content, and during lectures, say "OK if your struggling with this think about what we talked about in good things, how does this fit into your life?" or just using one of my own memories as a teenager being able to say "Do any of you do this, because when I was your age I did it too" is important to me because your students see you as a human being that they can come to for advise.

No comments: